CADCOM's mission is to facilitate the establishment and use of systems for computer-aided drafting and design (CADD) and GIS. Founded in 1988, CADCOM is recognized as a leader in the fields of CAD and GIS.
The firm offers companies and public organizations different products and services related to its mission. The company also offers Technical support and Training, on site or at its location.
CADCOM created and developed a software product called ASCAD© 2, which stands for Automated Standardization for Computer Aided Design. It automates the application of the ASCAD© standard which was jointly developed by several municipalities in Canada and also put it to the test in their own CAD departments.
This standard is establishing itself as the standard in municipalities and offices of consulting civil engineers.
In 1998, CADCOM signed an agreement with Autodesk and became the
only reseller of vertical applications specializing in GIS in Quebec
and the Ottawa area. Among the products sold and supported are AutoCAD,
Autodesk MAP, Autodesk Land Desktop (LDT) and MapGuide©.
Products and services
The firm offers a wide range of products and services as follows:
- Consulting for specific needs or long-term CAD projects;
- Conversion of plans by digitization (scanning), vectorization, redrawing and building surveys;
- Linking databases to drawings;
- Specialized personnel location in CAD or geomatics;
- Programming of custom routines;
- Programming of Web sites with MapGuide software;
- Authorized reseller of AutoCAD, Autodesk Map, AutoCAD Land Desktop
(LDT) and MapGuide©;
- Training on site or in our offices for autodesk GIS products and ASCAD© software;
- Technical support on site or by phone of autodesk GIS products and ASCAD© software.